In this session we'll look into some exciting projects around transportation and open data, and will invite the audience to present their own. We hope to share some tools, experiences and lessons learned about how to open data and build apps that create value for every day citizens.
Here's the plan:
1. An overview of two user-centered open transport data projects: OneStopTranport (Portugal) and Open Mobility (OK Argentina).
2. Members of the session are invited to introduce their own projects and lessons learned, answering four questions:
• (1) Who is your user
• (2) What problem are you trying to solve
• (3) What challenges have you come up with when working with open data (integrations, formats, access)
• (4) Is there something that the Open Transport Working Group could do to help fix some of this problems?
3. Demo and hackflash (really fast hackathon) on @bikestorming, a mobile app to grow urban cycling in cities around the world.
Session hashtag: #TransportOKFestival
This session was co-created by the Open Transport Open Knowledge Working Group. This session remains editorially independent as it was put together in consultation with the Programme Team following the same guidelines as for other sessions at the festival.